Food prices data with HXL tags
Chad - Food Prices
Updated: May 24, 2020
Food median prices data with HXL tags. Median of all prices for a given commodity observed on different markets is shown, together with the market where it was observed. Data are shortened in multiple ways:
- Rather that prices on all markets, only median price across all markets is shown, together with the market where it has been observed.
- Only food commodities are displayed (non-food commodities like fuel and wages are not shown).
- Only data after 2015-01-15 are shown. Missing data are interpolated.
- Column with shorter commodity names "cmnshort" are available to be used as chart labels.
- Units are adapted and prices are rescaled in order to yield comparable values (so that they can be displayed and compared in a single chart). Scaling factor is present in scaling column. Label with full commodity name and a unit (with scale if applicable) is in column "label".
This reduces the amount of data and allows to make cleaner charts.
|Source||World Food Programme - VAM|
|Contributor||WFP - World Food Programme|
|Date of Dataset||Oct 15, 2003 - Apr 15, 2020|
|Expected Update Frequency||Every week|
|License||Creative Commons Attribution for Intergovernmental Organisations|
|Caveats / Comments|